Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Nesting

We've been working, working, working on the house! Considering I decided it was absolutely necessary to paint every square foot of "our" new home, we've come a long way in a week!  (I say "our" because our closing got pushed back to next Monday. Yes, we're the only fools I know that would paint a house they haven't even technically bought yet!).

Some paint colors got moved around, as was to be expected considering I can't make affirmative decisions on ANYTHING, but luckily we only purchased one gallon that I just didn't like. Fingers crossed, we'll finish painting tonight and begin slowly moving in as soon as tomorrow.  We've got the house we're renting until the end of the year so we're going to be sure not to clutter the new house with unnecessary junk.  SUCH a luxury to have so much time to move!

I wish I'd been thoughtful enough to take "before" pictures so I could really tell the difference and see our progress but I suppose the "after" pictures will have to do.  I'll be sure to post those ASAP!

I've also been doing some online furniture shopping.  I'm horrible at finding deals but I can't bring myself to pay full price for most anything so I just end up without it. I suppose I'm going to either have to become more thrifty or bite the bullet.  Im going to try "antiquing" for some awesome pieces this weekend. My grandmother is a pro- hopefully she'll be willing to show me the ropes.

Here are a couple pieces I'm loving:










No comments:

Post a Comment