Monday, March 10, 2014

The New Normal

So I've been looking forward to my mom coming to stay the night all day. I've been exhausted from being up with Crawford and a little sleep break is always welcome. It's not so much the lack of sleep that is killer, but the lack of consecutive hours of sleep. So, I spent all day looking forward to like, seven straight hours of sleep and here I am at midnight wide awake! Figures! 

I went to work today. I also worked a few days last week. My mom and Caleb's mom are God sends. They have made the slight transition so easy on me. It's hard being away from my sweet boy and I'm sure I won't win mother or the year by starting back work after 4 weeks, but I've come to terms with this being my journey with my baby and I have to do what's right for us. Caleb is so supportive of my career and my decisions so I just have to know that what I'm doing is right. It is so incredibly hard though. I think about sweet Crawford in the middle of the day and have mini panic attacks thinking of what he is doing at that moment and if he's content or not. I love that kid so freakin much, it is unreal, even to me. 

 
We got in some great quality time this evening though. Makes these moments all the much sweeter. Love that baby smile! 

-scc 

No comments:

Post a Comment